The following instructions provide the pre-requisites, specifications, and access to the software, as well as instructions for the installation and configuration of Zerto Virtual Replication. Please refer to the Quickstart section for for the full picture of the DRaaS deployment process.
The Zerto Virtual Manager (ZVM) software must be installed on a virtual machine within your production environment. Please see the specifications required for the virtual machine:
A Virtual Replication Appliance needs to be deployed on each host in the source environment. Each VRA is deployed by default with 1 CPU, 3 GB of RAM (reserved) and uses around 12 GB of storage.
You can download Zerto Virtual Manager 7.0 Update 3 here.
Once downloaded, unzip the installer file and run it as administrator on the VM you have provisioned for the Zerto Virtual Manager.
1. Run the Zerto installer on the VM designated as your ZVM server. You may need to install Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.2 if not already installed. The installer is included with Zerto. Please be mindful that clicking OK on the last screen will trigger a reboot of the server.
2. Click Next on the welcome screen.
3, You must select "I accept the license agreement" box and click Next to continue.
4.Click Next to install Zerto in the default location, or choose the folder you wish to install Zerto.
5. Leave the installation type to Express Installation - we will be using the default settings - and click Next.
6. Fill in the following information about your vCenter environment:
These settings can be changed later in the Zerto console (site name) or in the Zerto Diagnostics application (connection details to vCenter Server). Click Next once all the information has been provided.
7. Leave the option to enable Online Services and Zerto Mobile Application and click Next.
8. Click Next. Zerto will confirm that it is able to connect and communicate within your vCenter environment.
Note: If you have any failures, make sure the user account you used has Administrator level access to the vCenter Server, ensure the credentials were entered correctly and make sure the ZVM can ping vCenter.
9. When everything has a green check mark, press next. Zerto will complete the installation, this should only take a couple of minutes.
10. Check the Open the Zerto Virtual Manager interface checkbox and click Done, this will open a browser to the Zerto Console.