The following article will go through adding and connecting to the iland Secure Cloud Backup provider. To complete this step, you need to have received the tenant backup credentials and domain name. Please refer to our Quickstart documentation for more information.
As part of this process you will be asked to enable remote management by iland as a Service Provider. If you have any concerns or would like more information about what this option allows, please review the following information provided by Veeam:
"The Service Provider (SP) can use the Veeam Backup & Replication console to connect to the tenant backup server. This may be helpful, for example, if the tenant encounters a problem with managing its backup infrastructure and asks the SP to change settings in Veeam Backup & Replication deployed on the tenant side. The remote connection functionality allows the SP to manage tenant backup servers without the need to configure additional network connections, thus reducing security risks and network management overhead."
Full article and additional details available here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/cloud/cloud_connect_remote.html?ver=95u4
To make it simple, our team has prepared the below video which provides step-by-step instructions.
Alternatively, please follow the instructions that follow next.
1. Open your Veeam Backup and Replication Console and click Backup Infrastructure in the left-hand navigation. Click the Add Service Provider button in the center or top-left corner of the screen.
2. Enter in the DNS name provided to you by iland in the previous step of the process. Leave port at 6180.
NOTE: This is the port that communicates and passes traffic to Veeam. You will need to ensure this port is open for outbound access on your firewall.
Check the option to Allow this Veeam Backup & Replication installation to be managed by the service provider and click Next.
3. Ensure that you have received the SSL Certificate from the Service Provider.
NOTE: If the certificate shows as Unknown, then there may be an error in the DNS name or you have not allowed outbound HTTP and HTTPS traffic so the server can't access the Certificate Revocation List.
4. Click the Add button to enter your tenant Username and Password. These credentials will be provided to you by the iland team.
5. Click Next, and review the resources page to ensure the values are correct, then click next to finish the Wizard. You should now see the iland Service Provider in the Backup Infrastructure > Service Providers window.
If you encountered any problems please have a look at our troubleshooting guide here. It also has information on setting up the firewall rules required to access your tenant.