This Quickstart section provides information about the iland deployment process of Secure Cloud Backup for Office 365. Please review this article and all the linked resources to familiarize yourself with the setup.
1. Upon receipt of your order, a project manager will be assigned as your single point of contact. The project manager will liaise with you if you have been designated as the technical contact of your company account.
2. You will be asked to provide an authorized O365 account. Please check our article Creating an account with appropriate permissions in Office 365 admin center for more information about the requirements and instructions to obtain an account with the correct permissions. Please inform your iland project manager once you are ready and he/she will get in touch to obtain the account details securely. If you are backing up only a subset of your users and not the entire organization, please also provide the name of the security group in scope for backup. Please visit the Creating a Security Group section of the above article for more information.
The iland project manager may also ask you to provide additional sizing information about your environment per the instructions provided in Collecting Sizing Information about your O365 tenant article.
3. iland will provision the backup tenant and start the backup jobs of your O365 organization - Exchange, Sharepoint and OneDrive is included by default.
4. The iland project manager will provide you with the backup tenant details and iland Secure Cloud Console credentials.
Note: you will not be able to restore data until the backup jobs complete their initial run. The status of the backup jobs will be available via the iland secure cloud console.
5. Start using your Office 365 cloud backup service by using the iland Secure Cloud Console.
6. Please don't forget to subscribe to our status page and check the Secure Cloud Backup for Office 365 Features & How To knowledge base on our Success Center.
With the launch of the integration of Microsoft 365 and the iland Secure Cloud Console, customers now have visibility and functionality that was previously only available with the Veeam Explorer software tools. Here is a breakdown of which features can be done in which interface. More features and integrations are always in development.
iland Secure Cloud Console features
Veeam Explorer for Exchange/Sharepoint/OneDrive
For more information on how to manage your M365 environment in either the iland Secure Cloud Console or the Veeam Explorer tools, see the Features and HowTo articles
To manage your restorations locally, you need to complete the following steps described in this section. To proceed, you need to have received the iland tenant credentials and the download links to the appropriate version of the Veeam Explorers (see step 4 in the Quickstart above).